Table of Contents
VirtualBox Guest Additions
The VirtualBox Guest Additions consist of device drivers and system applications that optimize the operating system for better performance and usability. One of the usability features required in this guide is automated logons, which is why you need to install the Guest Additions in the virtual machine.
Install VirtualBox Guest Additions Manually
1. Open Terminal app the switch to root account using sudo -s command.
2. Install VirtualBox Guest Additions iso following the command:
sudo apt install virtualbox-guest-additions-iso -y
3. Create a mount point directory. Mount the VirtualBox Guest Additions iso image to /mnt/cdrom. Then go to the mounted iso location.
mkdir -p /mnt/cdrom mount /usr/share/virtualbox/VBoxGuestAdditions.iso /mnt/cdrom cd /mnt/cdrom
4. Install the VirtualBox Guest Additions using the command then restart your virtual machine.
Install VirtualBox Guest Additions using script
Alternatively, if you don’t want to do it manually, you can create a bash script to execute all commands at once.
1. Open Terminal app then create a script file.
sudo nano install.sh
2. Copy then paste all below commands into the newly created file then save the file.
#/bin/sh sudo apt install virtualbox-guest-additions-iso -y mkdir -p /mnt/cdrom mount /usr/share/virtualbox/VBoxGuestAdditions.iso /mnt/cdrom cd /mnt/cdrom ./VBoxLinuxAdditions.run
3. Make the file executable.
sudo chmod +x install.sh
4. Execute the script to install VirtualBox Guest Additions.
Leave a Reply