In some cases, while using Microsoft Teams desktop app it starts to run slow, especially when several messages are incoming from different chats. Or Microsoft too lagging and freezing.
1. To speed up or increase Teams app performance, let open Teams desktop app in Windows.
2. Navigate to three dot icon in the top right corner of Teams windows then open Settings.
3. In General option section, select the checkbox Disable GPU hardware acceleration.
4. In the same General section, scroll down the select the checkbox Turn off animations.
5. To take the changes go into effect, you need quit the Teams app completely. To do it, right click on the Teams icon in the taskbar then select Quit.