Table of Contents
PuTTy is a free to use open-source SSH and Telnet client that is used to connect to a remote server. Through PuTTy, you can connect and execute commands on a remote Linux/Unix server.
However, some users might be looking for changing background color can help to provide a better look for eyes while working in the command line window.
Changing Background Color in PuTTy
1. Open PuTTY and click on the Colours option under the Window section.
2. Now select the Default Background in the list-menu and click the Modify button.
3. Choose the color that you want for the background, or you can also make a custom color by adjusting options on the right side. Click Ok button after choosing the color.
4. Now click the Apply button and check the background of the session window.
Changing the Font Color in PuTTy
Changing the color of the font will depend on the background color. If both background and font colors are not a good combination for each other then it will look pretty bad and unreadable.
1. Open PuTTY, then go to the Colors settings under the Window list on the left side. Click on the Default Foreground option in the list-menu and press the Modify button.
2. Choose the color you want or you can make any custom color by adjusting the colors on the right side. After choosing the color, click the Ok button and press the Apply button for settings.
3. After configuring the colors, select Session again, then select Default Settings or any your saved session then click on Save.
The font color will change in the command window as shown below:
You can also adjust the colors for other options in the same way. More of the interface options can be found in the Appearance options, where users can increase the size of the font, the spaces between lines and so on.
Change the PuTTY theme automatically
Alternatively, you can use the pre-configuration themes to change the color automatically. You only need to download it to easily configure the putty color theme.
After downloading, just double-click the .reg file to import and it is ready to use. It’s very simple.