Table of Contents
Method 1: Open Control Panel Windows 10 with Search Box
You can click the search box at the taskbar of Windows 10, and type control panel. Choose the top best matched result Control Panel app to open it in Windows 10.
Method 2: Open Control Panel Windows 10 from Start Menu
You can click Start, type control panel, and select the top result Control Panel app from the list to open it.
If you want to pin Control Panel to the taskbar or to Start menu, you can right-click Control Panel and choose Pin to Start or Pin to taskbar. Then next time if you need to access Control Panel to change some settings, you can easily open it from taskbar or Start menu.
Method 3: Open Control Panel Windows 10 via Run
You can press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Windows Run dialog, and type Control Panel in Run, click OK to open Control Panel in Windows 10.
Method 4: Open Control Panel Windows 10 with Command Prompt
You can press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Windows Run. Type cmd and click OK to open Command Prompt in Windows 10. Then type control panel in Command Prompt window and hit Enter key to open Control Panel with command prompt (cmd).
Method 5: Open Control Panel Windows 10 with PowerShell
Right-click Start and click Windows PowerShell to open it. Type control panel and hit Enter to open it.
Method 6: Open Control Panel Windows 10 with Shortcut
You can create a shortcut for Windows 10 Control Panel for easier use:
- Right-click a blank area on the desktop, and click New -> Shortcut to open Create Shortcut window.
- Type %windir%\system32\control.exe in the box and click Next.
- Type a name like Control Panel and click Finish to create the shortcut for Control Panel.
Method 7: Open Control Panel Windows 10 with Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+ Shift + Esc keys on the keyboard at the same time to open Windows Task Manager.
- Click File -> Run new task.
- Type control panel and press Enter to open Control Panel window.
Method 8: Open Control Panel Windows 10 in Windows Explorer
- Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard at the same time to open Windows Explorer.
- Select This PC.
- Select small drop down arrow then select Control Panel.